Salters’ Institute Festivals Of Chemistry 2016 – Enter Now!December 1st, 2015
Entries for the 2016 Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry can be made online now! We recommend early entry to ensure a place at the venue of your choice. The closing date for entries is 31 JANUARY 2016.
48 Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry are planned at Universities and Colleges throughout the UK and Ireland between March and June 2016. A school may enter one team of four students from:
- Year 7 and/or 8 in England and Wales
- Year P7 and/or S1 in Scotland
- Year 8 and/or 9 in Northern Ireland
- Primary 6 and/or Secondary Year 1 in the Republic of Ireland
Students will experience…
- Exciting hands-on practical Chemistry challenges in University/College labs
- Carrying out investigations “like a real Chemist”
- Team working and independent problem solving
- Amazing chemical demonstrations
- Prizegiving ceremony with prizes for winning schools
- Fun prizes and certificates for all participants
Calling all Chemistry Teachers…
- Hear what the Salters’ Institute is doing
- Come and meet your local RSC Education Co-ordinator
- A chance to network with like-minded colleagues
- Participate in CPD opportunities
Only £25 (€30) per school (non-refundable) plus travel expenses.
Don’t miss out on participating in one of these fantastic events.
“This was amazing. Lab activities were really good and fun.” Imperial College, London, 23 April 2015
“A fantastic day that thoroughly challenged and enthused everyone!” The University of Manchester, 10 May 2015
“They are pitch perfect. A good mix of qualitative and quantitative Chemistry.” Liverpool John Moores University, 12 May 2015