Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry – Enter Now!November 28th, 2017
Entries for the 2018 Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry can be made online now! Come and take part in these inspiring one day Chemistry events.
52 Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry are planned at Universities and Colleges throughout the UK and Ireland between March and June 2018.
A school may enter one team of four students from:
- Year 7 and/or 8 in England and Wales
- Year P7 and/or S1 in Scotland
- Year 8 and/or 9 in Northern Ireland
- Primary 6 and/or Secondary Year 1 in the Republic of Ireland
Students will experience…
- Exciting hands-on practical Chemistry challenges in University/College labs
- Carrying out investigations “like a real Chemist”
- Team working and independent problem solving
- Amazing chemical demonstrations
- Prizegiving ceremony with prizes for winning schools
- Fun prizes and certificates for all participants
Calling all Chemistry Teachers…
- Hear what the Salters’ Institute is doing
- Come and meet your local RSC Education Co-ordinator
- A chance to network with like-minded colleagues
- Participate in CPD opportunities
Only £30 (€35) per school (non-refundable). Don’t miss out on participating in one of these fantastic events!
How to Enter?
Entries will be open until 31 January 2018. We strongly recommend that you enter before this date for the best chance of a place.
Feedback from the 2017 Festivals
“The students found it eye opening and it helped to put their learning into perspective.” The University of Newcastle, 13 June 2017
“Great day – well engaged and happy Chemists.” The University of Bristol, 12 May 2017
“Their enthusiasm put a happy glow on my efforts.” The University of Dublin, Trinity College, 6 May 2017
“What a fantastic, inspiring lecture! Thank you for a wonderful experience. The students had a wonderful worthwhile day.” The University of Cambridge, 23 March 2017