Enter for a Festival of Chemistry
The Salters’ Festival of Chemistry applications are now open!
These Festivals are designed to inspire budding young scientists. Teams of four students from each school work together to complete two practical challenges with prizes awarded to the winning teams! In the afternoon there is a fun lecture followed by a prizegiving with fun prizes and certificates for all.
A day of activities and challenges designed to inspire budding young scientists. Students will experience:
- Exciting hands-on practical Chemistry challenges in university/college labs
- A laboratory environment, carrying out investigations ‘like a real Chemist’
- Team working and independent problem solving
- Amazing chemical demonstrations
- A prizegiving ceremony with prizes for winning schools
- Fun prizes and certificates for all participants.
Who can participate?
A school may enter one team of four students from:
- Year 7 and/or 8 in England and Wales
- Year P7 and/or S1 in Scotland
- Year 8 and/or 9 in Northern Ireland
- Primary 6 and/or Secondary Year 1 in the Republic of Ireland
When and where?
Festivals will run between March and June 2020.
For Chemistry teachers too. . .
- Come and meet your local RSC Education Co-ordinator
- Participate in interactive CPD opportunities from our partner organisations.
- Network with like-minded colleagues
Only £30 (€35) per team (non-refundable).
Any queries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or explore our FAQs which should help answer your question(s).
Explore the Festival map to see the dates and locations for the programme and submit your entry using the entry form below. Places are no longer offered on a first come, first served basis but do submit your entry as soon as possible for the best chance of attending your Festival of choice. Please note those schools who submitted a priority entry before 31st January, you will be notified in February if you have been successful in securing a place at the Festival of your choice.
Click on a region to view Festivals
Run in partnership with the Royal Society of Chemistry
The Royal Society of Chemistry’s purpose is to advance excellence in the chemical sciences – to improve the lives of people around the world. As a not-for-profit organisation, they invest their surplus income to achieve their charitable objectives in support of the chemical science community and advancing excellence in the chemical sciences.