Salters’ Centenary Awards
NOMINATIONS OPEN 18 JUNE!
To celebrate its Centenary in 2018 the Salters’ Institute has set up an award scheme for chemists and chemical engineers starting their careers in industry.
The purpose of the Awards is to recognise and support individuals who are starting out in their career and who have the potential to make an outstanding long-term contribution to industries that use chemistry and chemical engineering.
The Awards will be an important part of the Institute’s programme of activities in support of its mission to promote the practical applications of chemistry at all levels. Award holders will be asked to participate in the Institute’s educational activities and events with other Salters’ Centenary and Graduate Award holders.
Up to 4 Awards, each of £2,500 will be made.
- Candidates should be working in the chemical or allied industries in the UK
- Between 3-5 years in industry
- Have a degree in either chemistry or chemical engineering at Bachelors/Masters/Postgraduate level
Candidates should be nominated by an Industrial Site Manager, Head of Department or equivalent.
Candidates should complete the online nomination form which must be supported by a confidential reference, which pays special attention to the criteria listed below. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
The awards will be made by a panel of senior industrialists and academics who will consider the following criteria:
- Evidence of commitment to an industrial career
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities facing industry and a vision of how they can contribute
- Ability to communicate their interest and enthusiasm to a wider audience
- Willingness and ability to take part in the Institute’s activities
Nominate a Candidate
NOMINATIONS WILL OPEN ON MONDAY 18 JUNE 2018. The nomination forms will be made available online from this date.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOMINATIONS WILL BE FRIDAY 13 JULY 2018 AND SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE INTERVIEWED ON TUESDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2018 AT SALTERS’ HALL.
AWARDS WILL BE PRESENTED TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES AT THE INSTITUTE AWARDS CEREMONY ON FRIDAY 7 DECEMBER 2018, TO WHICH THEIR NOMINATORS WILL ALSO BE INVITED.
Any queries regarding the Awards, please contact Stephanie Mearns firstname.lastname@example.org
||University of Strathclyde
||Imperial College London
||University of Oxford