Salters’ Centenary Awards
To celebrate its Centenary in 2018 the Salters’ Institute has set up an award scheme for chemists and chemical engineers starting their careers in industry.
The purpose of the Awards is to recognise and support individuals who are starting out in their career and who have the potential to make an outstanding long-term contribution to industries that use chemistry and chemical engineering.
The Awards will be an important part of the Institute’s programme of activities in support of its mission to promote the practical applications of chemistry at all levels. Award holders will be asked to participate in the Institute’s educational activities and events with other Salters’ Centenary and Graduate Award holders.
Up to 4 Awards, each of £2,500 will be made.
- Candidates should be working in the chemical or allied industries in the UK
- Between 3-5 years in industry
- Have a degree in either chemistry or chemical engineering at Bachelors/Masters/Postgraduate level
Candidates should be nominated by an Industrial Site Manager, Head of Department or equivalent.
Candidates should complete the online nomination form which must be supported by a confidential reference, which pays special attention to the criteria listed below. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
The awards will be made by a panel of senior industrialists who will consider the following criteria:
- Evidence of commitment to an industrial career
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities facing industry and a vision of how they can contribute
- Ability to communicate their interest and enthusiasm to a wider audience
- Willingness and ability to take part in the Institute’s activities
Nominate a Candidate
FURTHER INFORMATION FOR THE 2019 ROUND OF NOMINATIONS WILL BE POSTED IN JUNE 2019.
You can nominate a candidate for this Award by completing the relevant forms below:
- Please ask your nominee to complete the Centenary Award – NOMINEE Nomination Form below – once your nominee completes his/her form, you and your nominee will receive a notification email with a copy of his/her submission.
- Please provide your Supporting Statement by completing the Centenary Award – INDUSTRIAL SITE MANAGER/HEAD OF DEPARTMENT Supporting Statement below (this can be found under the Nominee Nomination Form). Please note, you are not required to wait until your nominee has submitted his/her form before completing your Supporting Statement. Once you have completed your Supporting Statement, you and your nominee will receive notification confirming your submission (however your Supporting Statement will remain confidential).
Please ensure that BOTH the Nominee Nomination Form and your Supporting Statement are completed and returned as soon as possible.
Please note we advise completing the nomination forms below using the web browser Google Chrome where possible.
Any queries regarding the Awards, please contact Stephanie Mearns, the Programme Co-ordinator at email@example.com
||Uniper UK Ltd
||Valero Energy Ltd
||University of Strathclyde
||Imperial College London
||University of Oxford